Published in the September 4, 2015 edition
MELROSE — Merchants have again come through in a very big way to make sure the 35th Victorian Fair Sunday, Sept. 13, is enjoyed by one and all.
The Big Ticket Raffle hosted by the Chamber of Commerce has prizes this year work nearly $7,000.
Following are the raffle items:
• Melrose Oriental Rug: A nearly 6×8 foot Aubsson oriental rug, hand-knotted in China valued at $1,650.
• Perella Jewelers: Genuine slab cut sapphire pendant set in 14k gold chain, $1,000.
• Melrose Family YMCA: Total Health and Wellness package with one body composition analysis, three one hour personal training sessions, one hour massage and six month free family membership, $700.
• Gray’s Appliances: Weber Stainless Steel Gas Grill, $550.
• Rockland Trust: Apple iWatch, $500.
• Montvale Tire: A gift certificate for new tires, $500.
• Miter Biter Frame Company: A 24” x 36” bevel edged framed mirror, $475.
• Melrose Merchants Group: Melrose Gift Basket, $300.
• Boston Photo Rental: Nikon S4300 digital camera with case and memory card, and a Sony DVD player, $250.
• East Boston Savings Bank: Four tickets to the Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay, Thursday, Sept. 24, loge box 98RR seats 1-4, $240.
• Bodyography Wellness Center: Health and Wellness Basket with gift certificate for 90 minute foot reflexology, initial acupuncture treatment or massage, gift certificate for 30 minute mini facial or 1/2 hour massage, Doctor’s Pride Liquid Glucosamine Complex, small golden flax hot/cold pillow, and Biofreeze cold therapy gel, $225.
• Basket of gift certificates to Stearns and Hill Bistro, Beacon Hill Wine and Gourmet, LaQchara, Turner’s Seafood Grill and Market, Bobby C’s, Ocean Sushi and Petrone’s, $200.
• Melrose Boot Camp and Joy Yoga: Five yoga classes, a yoga mat, five Melrose Boot Camp classes, $200.
• Marty’s Furniture: Gift certificate, $150.
• Perham Therapeutic Massage: A runner’s gift basket featuring Perham Therapeutic Gift Certificate, $150.
• Lunch with Mayor Robert J. Dolan: Priceless.
Raffle tickets are $10 and can be purchased before the fair at Miter Biter, 479 Main St.; Edward Jones, 502 Main St., and East Boston Savings Bank, 108 Main St., or by calling the Chamber at 781-665-3033. On the day of the fair, tickets can be purchased at the Chamber of Commerce, booth 92.
Winners will be draw at 4:15 p.m. on the day of the fair. You don’t need to be present to win.
The 2015 edition of the Victorian Fair will run on Sept. 13 from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The fair is dedicated this year to the memory of local attorney, alderman, Chamber of Commerce member and cherished Melrosian John T. Cinella.
With over 200 booths filled with food, games and fun, rides for all ages, local entertainment and local art, the Victorian Fair is a long anticipated event in Melrose. This year’s Victorian Fair will include shopping at the Artisan marketplace, great entertainment at Center Stage, dining on cuisine from all over the world and taking a spin or two on amusement rides.
Events new this year include a video highlighting 35 years of the fair produced by MMTV and a special picnic area with a “selfie” station.