WAKEFIELD — A 17-year-old girl faced arraignment in Cambridge Juvenile Court today on charges of assaulting another girl with a dangerous weapon (knife) and threatening to kill her over the weekend.

Both girls are residents of a group home on Lafayette Street.

Sgt. Geoffrey Eriksen and Patrol Officers John Whaley and Michael Ryan were called to the group home at about 7:20 p.m. Saturday when an argument broke out between the two girls, said police.

The 17-year-old is alleged to have initially threatened the other girl with a steel water bottle, telling her she was going to beat her up. The argument, police said, continued until the girl threw the water bottle on the floor and went to the kitchen to get a knife. She then reportedly went back upstairs but found the other girl had locked herself in a bedroom.

Police intervened and took the 17-year-old suspect to the Police Station for booking.

She was taken to Cambridge Juvenile Court this morning for arraignment.


In other police business over the weekend, beginning Friday:

• Just before 10 a.m. a caller reported that a suspicious vehicle described as a dark blue Toyota Prius with New Hampshire license plates was parked at the intersection of Sylvan Avenue and Broadway. Police determined that the occupants were private investigators.

• Police plan to summons a Salem woman to court on a charge of operating an unregistered motor vehicle. The woman was stopped on Water Street at about 10:30 a.m.

• Police assisted a Curtis Street resident by arranging transportation to Massachusetts General Hospital. The call was logged at about 1:30 p.m.

• Police plan to summons a Lawrence woman to court on charges of driving with a suspended license. She was also cited for speeding 50 mph in a 30 mph speed zone. She was stopped on North Avenue at about 2:15 p.m.

• Police responded to a domestic incident on Water Street at about 3:15 p.m. The people were sent on their way following a verbal altercation.

• A caller from Jackson Lane complained about recent multiple hang-up calls he and his wife had been receiving from another family member but the suspected caller denied making the calls. Police were notified about the incident at 4 p.m.

• A parking complaint on Main Street was logged at 5:10 p.m.

• The Department of Public Works was notified about a “huge” pot hole on Emerson Street. A caller reported getting a flat tire after hitting the pot hole. A traffic cone was placed in the area just after 8 p.m.

• Police responded to the scene of a motor vehicle accident at 9:15 p.m. at the intersection of Main and Lowell streets. A road rage incident preceded the accident and police learned that one driver was accused of going down a one-way street. Papers have been exchanged.

• A caller reported that two people appeared to be entering a Greenwood store but police determined that the people were employees at the store. The call was logged just after 11 p.m.


On Saturday:

• A loud party on Main Street was reported at about 1 a.m. The party-goers agreed to quiet down for the rest of the night.

• Patrol Officer John Whaley responded to a call concerning two women who were looking for scrap metal in the area of Madison Avenue. Whaley checked the women’s Dodge Intrepid and found junk metal inside at about 5:35 a.m. No action was taken.

• A collision at the intersection of Nahant and Farm streets took place at about 9:30 a.m. The Fire Department and Action Ambulance also responded. Medical treatment was refused. Papers were exchanged.

• A Lowell Street woman reported at about 11 a.m. that her daughter received a suspicious Snapchat on her cell phone. Details were not available.

• Suspicious activity at the Rte. 129 rotary was reported when a passerby noticed someone had set up a tent in the center of the rotary. The incident was logged at about noon. Police were unable to locate the suspect but personal belongings were found in the area.

• A collision involving a parked car on Farm Street took place at noon. The Fire Department also responded.

• A driver reported seeing an MBTA bus with the “call police” signal illuminated. Police contacted MBTA officials and were told they would be called back if assistance was needed. The call was logged at 4:10 p.m.

• An unwanted individual at a home on Pleasant Street was taken to Melrose-Wakefield Hospital at about 6:30 p.m.

• Youths on bikes were reportedly acting in a loud manner on Converse Street. Police got word of the incident just after 9:30 p.m. but were unable to locate the youths.

• A caller reported a loud house party on Salem Street at 11:45 p.m.


On Sunday:

• Police sent a person on his way after he was reportedly acting in a strange manner on Main Street. The incident was logged at about 3:20 p.m.

• Loud music was reported on Water Street at about 5 p.m. The matter was resolved.

• Police helped resolve a family dispute on Montrose Avenue at about 8:30 p.m.


The Fire Department responded to 19 calls over the weekend, 13 for medical aid.

On Friday at 5 p.m., a crew went to 24 Hart’s Hill Rd. for an apartment lockout.

On Saturday at 5:45 p.m., firefighters went to 721 Main St. for an apartment lockout and Water Street near Perham Street for a gas leak that was not considered dangerous. The Wakefield Municipal Gas and Light Department was notified.