NORTH READING — Charles E. Jones was an exemplary educator and administrator in the North Reading Public Schools for 38 years. His dedication to excellence in all aspects of his work, particularly his work with students, set a benchmark few professionals ever achieve.
Mr. Jones believed in a world of learning beyond the walls of the classroom, a world of national parks, monuments, historic cities and towns, a world of campgrounds and community building which left its occupants with gifts to enrich them over the course of a lifetime.
It is in his memory that the Charles E. Jones Excellence in Education Award has been created.
• Nominations must be received by 3:01 p.m. on Friday, January 20, 2023.
• Nominations may be made by a colleague, student, parent, or community member. You may nominate an educator at any level, K-12, from the North Reading Public Schools. Please complete the cover sheet and send with your nomination.
• Send letters and videos to: [email protected]
• The announcement of the 2022-23 recipient will be made in early February and a ceremony will be held on Friday, February 10, 2023 at the entrance to Charlie Jones Way at the North Reading Middle School/High School.
The recipient will receive a plaque and a monetary award to be used for enhancing teaching and learning experiences as described in the letter of recommendation submitted in support of the nominee.
Include a Nomination Cover Sheet with the following information:
• Your name
• Your role in North Reading (i.e., student, parent/caregiver, educator) and/or relation to nominee:
• Name of nominee
• Position of nominee (if teacher, what school, what grade, what subject):
Tips for writing your nomination letter
• Speak from the heart! We aren’t fancy; we just want to hear about your enthusiasm and confidence in your nominee.
• Consider not just what your nominee has done, but the impact their work has made on others.