NORTH READING — Charles E. Jones was an exemplary educator and administrator in the North Reading Public Schools for 38 years. His dedication to excellence in all aspects of his work, particularly his work with students, set a benchmark few professionals ever achieve.
Mr. Jones believed in a world of learning beyond the walls of the classroom, a world of national parks, monuments, historic cities and towns, a world of campgrounds and community building which left its occupants with gifts to enrich them over the course of a lifetime.
It is in his memory that the Charles E. Jones Excellence in Education award has been created. Nominations are now being accepted until the deadline of Friday, January 21 at 3:01 p.m.
In light of Mr. Jones’s legacy, nominations may be made by a colleague, student, parent or community member.
The nomination cover sheet must include the following information: Your name, your role in North Reading (i.e.: student, parent, educator and/or your relation to the nominee), name of the nominee and position of the nominee (if a teacher, list school, grade and subject area(s) taught) followed by the nomination letter.
Nominations may also include a video highlighting the strengths of the nominee:
• Please limit the video to one to two minutes
• Position the camera in landscape mode (if it’s a mobile device)
• Send letters and videos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nominations must be received by 3:01 p.m. on Friday, January 21, 2022
• A committee will review all nominations received.
• Individuals who have been nominated previously will also be considered this year.
• The announcement of the recipient of the 2021-22 Charles E. Jones Excellence in Education Award will be made on Friday, February 11, 2022.
• The recipient will receive a plaque and a monetary award to be used for enhancing teaching and learning experiences as described in the letter of recommendation submitted in support of the nominee.
Donations to the award fund can be made payable to: “Charles E. Jones Educator Excellence Award” and mailed to: Claudia T. Brown, 27 Thorndike Street, Unit 2, Beverly, MA 01915.