Published in the November 21, 2016 edition.

WAKEFIELD — Larceny of various kinds kept the Police Department busy over the weekend.

At about 3 p.m. on Friday, an employee of Greenwood Wine and Spirits reported a shoplifting incident that apparently occurred on Oct. 27. The store staff told police that they notice a $73 bottle of whiskey was missing after performing a recent inventory. They reviewed security camera footage and saw two men in their 30s in the store on Oct. 27. One of the men seemed to be trying to distract the clerk while the other pocketed the bottle of whiskey. Police are trying to identify the men in the video.


At about 4:15 p.m. on Friday, a woman staying at the Lakeside Inn on North Avenue reported that two rings and two bracelets disappeared from a nightstand in her room sometime last week. No value was given for the missing jewelry.


A man told police at about 4 p.m. on Saturday that he had parked his car unlocked in the Comverse lot on Quannapowitt Parkway while he went for a run around the Lake. He only discovered that someone had entered the car and stolen some credit cards after he got home and received a call from his credit card company reporting that someone had attempted to use his card but the transaction had been declined. Another transaction for $2,200 did go through, he learned. Police will try to determine where the cards were used in an effort to identify the the thief.


A Vernon Street man reported to police early Sunday afternoon that a red Suzuki GSX-R1000 motorcycle valued at $15,000 had been stolen from his driveway between Nov. 17 and  20.


In other police business over the weekend:

• Police arrested one individual at a Wakefield Avenue address on an outstanding Department of Youth Services warrant at about 9:45 a.m. on Friday.

• Just before 1 p.m. on Friday, police and the Fire Department responded to a reported two-car accident on Main Street in front of the Greenwood Plaza. Police said that  a 2015 Chrysler van was pulling out of the plaza, attempting to take a left onto Main Street and hit a 2006 Toyota Camry that was traveling south on Main Street. There were no injuries but at least one of the vehicles had to be towed from the scene. The driver of the van was cited for failure to yield.

• Police responded to a local address at about 7 p.m. on Friday after a caller reported that his brother may have overdosed. Arriving police administered Narcan and were able to revive the 32-year-old man, who was then taken to Melrose-Wakefield Hospital by Action Ambulance.

• Just after midnight last night, police responded to a two-vehicle accident in the Junction, near Dunkin’ Donuts. Police said that a 2004 Saab was in the right lane when a Ford F250 truck in the left lane cut into the right lane and hit the front end of the Saab.


The Fire Department went on 27 runs over the weekend, of which 16 were for medical aid. The nonmedical calls included one instance of illegal outside burning, an unfounded report of an odor of smoke, a water problem, an elevator issue, an unfounded report of an odor of natural gas and several fire alarm system malfunctions and accidental alarms.