Published in the September 24, 2015 edition
NORTH READING — The sixth North Reading Hornet Hall of Fame induction banquet will be held on Saturday evening, Oct. 17 at the Hillview Country Club in North Reading at 6 p.m.
The athletes to be inducted are:
• Chris Conroy, football, wrestling, baseball; 1994.
• Michael Fitzgerald, soccer, basketball; 1994.
• Mia Giannone Gaska, soccer, indoor/outdoor track; 2000.
• Tim Haynes, soccer, basketball, baseball; 1983.
• Theresa Henchey O’Riorden, cross country, indoor/outdoor track; 1992.
• Greg Mason soccer, indoor/outdoor track; 1999.
• Steve Palazzolo, basketball, baseball ; 2000.
• Sotirios Pintzopoulos, cross country, indoor/outdoor track; 2001.
• Jennifer Rippel, soccer, indoor/outdoor track; 2004.
• Ricky Shaw, basketball, baseball; 1981.
Long time baseball coach Frank Carey will be inducted in the coaches’ category and in the team category, the 1991 boys’ soccer team will be inducted. Two people will be honored in the community service category; Dr. William Butler, NRHS principal from 1981-1998 and Pat Lee, a NRHS graduate and owner of The Horseshoe Grille, both long time supporters of NRHS Athletics.
Former North Reading resident and Channel 7 reporter/anchor Sean Hennessey, class of 1983, will again serve as master of ceremonies.
The Hall of Fame committee invites everyone to come and celebrate the accomplishments of these individuals. Tickets are $45 and can be purchased by contacting Frank Carey by phone at 978-836-9519 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.