Posted on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020
• Governor Baker extends the closure of schools until May 4, 2020. North Reading Public Schools will be closed until that date.
Posted on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020
• Tonight’s scheduled Community Planning Commission (CPC) meeting will be held via remote participation, and will not assemble at Town Hall.
The agenda will be limited to 9 Main Street plan endorsement, and 2 & 4 Judith Drive ANR (Approval Not Required) endorsement.
Audio for the meeting will be accessible by calling telephone +1 301-715-8592 and entering meeting ID 770 784 026.
The meeting starts at 7:30 PM and meeting materials are available by clicking here: https://www.northreadingma.gov/community-planning/pages/projects-under-review
• Wednesday’s School Committee meeting will also be held via remote participation.
Audio for the meeting will be accessible by calling telephone +1 402-287-4615 and entering meeting ID *188 088 723# .
For the complete agenda, please click here: https://www.northreadingma.gov/town-clerk/events/81504 . The meeting starts at 8:30 AM.
Posted on: Sunday, March 15, 2020
• Town of North Reading Update Regarding COVID -19 (March 15, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.)
Town officials continue to implement the town’s response to the situation concerning COVID-19 and are responding using guidance issued by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as well as Executive Orders issued by Governor Charlie Baker.
There have been no additional presumptive cases of COVID-19 reported to the town.
The town offers the following updates for its residents:
North Reading Town Hall remains operational; however, walk-in service has been suspended until Tuesday, April 7. Walk-in service may occur in a designated area, as necessary, by appointment only.
To access Town Hall services, please visit www.northreadingma.gov or call 978-357-5210.
Residents are reminded that many financial transactions may be conducted online by visiting: https://www.northreadingma.gov/tax-col…/…/bills-and-payments
Please note that the fee for these services has been suspended.
North Reading Fire, Police, and Public Works departments also remain operational.
Trash and recycling collection will occur on Tuesday, as scheduled.
The North Reading Food Pantry continues to operate; however, clients will see that some changes have been made to the way the room is accessed to comply with social distancing best practices. Their patience and cooperation is appreciated. For more information about the Food Pantry, visit: https://nrfoodpantry.org/
In accordance with the Governor’s order, North Reading Public Schools will be closed through Tuesday, April 7, 2020. For more information, visit https://www.north-reading.k12.ma.us/…/no-school-friday-marc…
The Flint Memorial Library will remain closed through Tuesday, April 7. Programming and use of the Activity Room has been suspended through April 7. Limited staff will be working to expand and enhance online services, and more information will be released by the Library in the next few days.
The Edith A. O’Leary Senior Center has suspended all programming through Monday, April 13. The Senior Center remains staffed and accessible via telephone during working hours at 978-664-5600 or via email at (email@example.com); however, the building is closed for walk-in service. Appointments may be scheduled in advance, when necessary.
The Meals on Wheels program remains operational. Elder Services intends to resume limited one-to-one transportation in the next few days.
North Reading Parks and Recreation has canceled all programming through Tuesday, April 7. The Parks and Recreation Wine and Food Social, scheduled for March 27, has also been canceled.
While North Reading parks remain open, permits for organized use have been suspended through Tuesday, April 7. Certain recreational structures with surfaces that could allow for the transmission of viruses may be closed to public use.
• Per Governor Baker’s orders: No gatherings of 25 or more; no in-house dining at restaurants, delivery and take-out only.
Posted on: Friday, March 13, 2020
• North Reading Public Schools will be closed through March 27.
Please see the attached letter from the Merrimack Valley Superintendent’s Association. North Reading, along with other member districts, has decided to close all schools through at least March 27, 2020.
I realize that there are many questions and so I ask you patience over the next few days as we finalize the FAQ document that our incredible Administrative Team has been working on all day. This document will hopefully address many of the questions that parents, teachers, and students will have about what those two weeks will look like.
I will say at that this time that North Reading Public Schools will treat these two weeks (March 13 through March 27, 2020) as non-school days that will be paid days for all employees who would have been regularly scheduled to work on those days. Pay will follow the typical weekly and bi-weekly pay schedule that employees are on. If you do not have direct deposit you will have your check mailed to you.
The schools are closed for two weeks and staff, students, and parents should not be coming to the buildings. The FAQs will communicate more very soon about teaching and learning during this period of time.
Thank you all for your support and patience during this time.
• North Reading High School DramaFest has been postponed. Stay tuned for more information.
• North Reading High School Junior Prom and Grand March previously scheduled for Friday, April 3 has been canceled.
• Parent-Teacher conferences previously scheduled for Wed, March 18, 6:00-8:00 p.m. has been canceled. There are provisions being reviewed to reschedule this event, likely by telephone.
Posted on: Thursday, March 12, 2020
• North Reading Public Schools will be closed Friday, March 13, for deep cleaning and disinfecting of all buildings.
For more information, please click here: https://www.north-reading.k12.ma.us/district/urgent-alerts/no-school-friday-march-13-2020-and-covid-19-updates
• Flint Memorial Library closed at 5 PM today and will remain closed through at least Sunday, March 15. Programming and use of the Activity Room has been suspended through Sunday, March 22
• The Edith O’Leary Senior Center has suspended all programming through Monday, April 13. The Center remains staffed and accessible via telephone during working hours at 978-664-5600 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org , however the building is closed for walk-in service.
Appointments may be scheduled in advance when necessary. The Meals on Wheels program remains operational. Elder Services intends to resume limited van transportation on a one-to-one basis on Monday for essential trips only.
• North Reading Parks and Recreation has canceled all programming through Friday, March 20. The Parks and Recreation Wine and Food Social scheduled for Friday, March 27 has also been canceled.
• North Reading Town Hall is operational and facilities are available to public boards/commissions/ committees for meetings, although they are asked to limit meetings to essential business such as Town Meeting preparation, budget, and permitting matters only at this time.
Boards/commissions/committees are asked to postpone non-essential meetings and deliberations until further notice. Most other non-essential events at town and school buildings have been postponed or canceled; for more information, please contact the event host or organizer.
• North Reading Fire, Police, and Public Works departments also remain operational.
• Reading-North Reading Chamber of Commerce has cancelled all scheduled events through the end of March. https://readingnreadingchamber.org/
• North Reading Historical & Antiquarian Society has cancelled its Antiques and Heirloom Appraisal Night on Thursday, March 19. It will be rescheduled next year. The society’s monthly meeting is also cancelled March 19 due to Coronavirus precautions and will be rescheduled.
• Middlesex Concert Band has postponed this weekend’s “Sea to Shining Sea” concert.
A new time will be announced as soon as the situation is under control and things get back to normal.
• Reading NAMI Family Support Group has been suspended during the current public health emergency.