WAKEFIELD — Police in Wakefield, along with State Police, were called to Breakheart Reservation last night following a report that an 83-year-old man was missing.

According to State Police Lt. Dan Richard, a call came in at 7 p.m. from Park Rangers who reported that the elderly man was missing from his home. The man was described as being Hispanic, 5 feet 5 inches and weighing 120 pounds. He was said to be wearing tan shorts, a green and white T-shirt and scally cap.

Cruisers from the Danvers State Police barracks along with an Airwing helicopter searched Breakheart Reservation until 9 p.m. but the man was not found.

It is not known today where the man lives or whether he returned home.


A Eustis Avenue resident told police that someone used his Social Security number to open a Bank of America account. So far, there has been no monetary loss. The incident was reported at about 5:15 p.m. Friday.

A woman from Holland Road told police yesterday just after 11:30 a.m. that someone used her Discover charge card to make a $2,500 purchase at BJ’s Wholesale Club in Waltham.

Police have launched an investigation into both matters.


In other police business over the weekend, beginning Friday:

• A collision on Audubon Road was reported at about 7:45 a.m. Papers were exchanged.

• An ongoing dispute with a neighbor was reported by a Salem Street resident at about 3:45 p.m. The matter was resolved.

• A two-car collision at the intersection of Vernon and New Salem streets was reported at about 4:30 p.m.

• Suspicious activity was reported at about 6:40 p.m. when a suspicious male was believed to be following two women too closely.

• A man reported losing his black wallet with red stitching somewhere between the Beebe Library and Bartley Street. The incident was reported just after 7 p.m.

• Following a report of suspicious activity just before 8 p.m. on the grounds of the St. Joseph School on Gould Street, a person was taken to Melrose-Wakefield Hospital for treatment.

• A loud party on Rockland Street was reported at about 11:30 p.m. Police said the complaint was unfounded.


On Saturday:

• Police resolved a matter concerning a loud party on Pleasant Street just before 1 a.m. The people agreed to keep the noise down.

• A child’s backpack was found at Moulton Playground on Harrington Court at 11:10 a.m. The backpack was returned to the child’s parents.

• A minor collision was reported on Vernon Street at 1:50 p.m. Injuries were not reported.

• A youth disturbance on Winship Drive was reported just before 10 p.m. A resident said that youths were ringing his doorbell and running away.

• One person was taken to Winchester Hospital after a disturbance broke out at a Lafayette Street group home at 10:20 p.m.

• A loud house party on Arthur Road was reported at about midnight. Police resolved the matter.


On Sunday:

• A loud house party on Butternut Road was reported at 12:30 a.m. Police spoke to the homeowner and the party was taken inside. Another call about the same matter was reported at 1:10 p.m. The party was shut down for the evening.



• Police assisted a woman who reported that the driver of a dark SUV had been following her for many miles. Police went to the intersection of Main and Nahant streets at about 12:20 a.m. and provided assistance.


The Fire Department responded to 32 calls over the weekend, 23 for medical aid.

On Friday at 10:40 a.m., firefighters went to 393 Lowell St. for a mulch fire, 22 Woodcrest Dr. at 3:40 p.m. and again at 5:22 p.m. for a strong odor inside the home and the end of Sylvan Avenue at 5 p.m. for a brush fire covering half an acre.

On Saturday at 7:10 a.m., a crew went to 6 Woodville Cir. for a house lockout, 26 Crescent St. at 2 p.m. for a carbon monoxide detector malfunction and 1 Carriage Ln. at 6:50 p.m. for a mulch fire.

On Sunday, firefighters went to 572 Main St. for a mulch fire caused by careless disposal of smoking materials and 30 Crescent St. at 10 p.m. for a fire alarm system malfunction.