Published February 15, 2019
MELROSE — The Melrose Education Foundation (MEF) invites the public to “Real Talk: Melrose Public Schools Budget” on Thursday, Feb. 28 from 7-9 p.m. in the Melrose High School Learning Commons.
This panel discussion is open to the community to talk about the current state of our schools and the budget crises we face. Panelists include district leaders, classroom teachers, and school volunteers.
The discussion will give parents and community members access to in-the-trenches experts and discuss concerns related to the school budget, staffing and policies.
Topics may include:
• Where are we going to place all our new kindergarteners?
• Why is our teacher turnover so high in comparison to other districts?
• How are students with special needs impacted/at risk?
• What is the plan for keeping up with new technology?
• Will we have to cut arts? Languages? Sports?
• What is the benefit of having classroom paraprofessionals?
• What is the MVMMS team model and will it remain intact?
This is a free event but pre-registration is required at: melroseEdFoundation.org.