Published in the December 28, 2016 edition
LYNNFIELD — Nomination papers for the 2017 annual town election will be available on Monday, Jan. 9 at the Town Clerk’s office at Lynnfield Town Hall, 55 Salem St.
According to Town Clerk Trudy Reid, the following seats for elective office are open:
• Board of Selectmen – one seat for a three-year term;
• Board of Assessors – one seat for a three-year term;
• Board of Library Trustees – one seat for a three-year term and one seat for a one-year term to fill an expired term;
• Town Moderator – one seat, for a one-year term;
• Planning Board – one seat for a five-year term;
• Housing Authority – one seat for a five-year term;
• School Committee – one seat for a three-year term.
The last date to obtain and submit nomination papers for the Town Election is set for Tuesday, Feb. 21. Papers must be returned no later than 5 p.m. on the deadline day.
In order to for a candidate to get his or her name on the ballot, nomination papers must be certified with at least 50 signatures of Lynnfield registered voters.
Lynnfield residents interested in running for elective office in 2017 who have any questions regarding the nomination or election process may call the Town Clerk at 781-334-9401.