WAKEFIELD — A woman from Main Street went to the Police Station last night to report that someone used her credit card recently without her authorization to make food and other purchases at four Stop & Shop grocery stores. The loss to the credit card company was estimated to be about $1,300.

Purchases were made in stores in Watertown, $270.39; Winchester, $269.33; Stoneham, $232.66 and Stoneham, $282.59.

Patrol Officer Matthew Chambers advised the victim to contact her credit card company and she has followed through. The incident was logged at about 9:15 p.m.

In an unrelated matter reported yesterday, police said that an unknown quantity of food was stolen from the Unitarian Universalist Church on Main Street sometime over the weekend.

Patrol Officer Brett Rossicone spoke to a church official yesterday morning at about 8 and learned that someone had entered an unlocked basement door and then pried open an inner door, causing damage to the door.

The church official estimated that approximately $10 in food had been stolen.


In other police business yesterday:

• A 2006 Ford parked on Park Street was allegedly struck by the driver of a 2006 Ford truck whose trailer portion struck the other vehicle. Police said the truck driver was a 41-year-old man from Hollis, N.H. Damage was noted to the passenger side door and window of the struck vehicle.

• A minor collision on Farm Street in the student parking lot at the high school was reported at about 3 p.m.

• At about 4 p.m. a citizen went to the Police Station to report that his vehicle had been stolen but it was later discovered that the vehicle had been parked in a “no trespass” zone and was towed.

• A minor collision on Prospect Street was logged at about 4 p.m. Papers were exchanged.

• Police sent several people on their way from Main Street at about 5:45 p.m. following a call from a concerned citizen who witnessed what police said was a “heated argument.”



• Police said there were multiple calls about a pedestrian accident on Main Street. The victim was taken to Melrose-Wakefield Hospital for treatment at about 7:15 a.m. Accident details were not available.